Monday 9 October 2017

ARE YOU YETI FOR CHRISTMAS?

Hello.
This weekend my mojo went into hiding, so I looked around for a sketch to help me out.
I found one over at Seven Hills Crafts.

After lots of playing with shapes and die cuts,
 and several attempts being binned  filed,
I finally came up with this pretty straightforward take on the sketch.


I added some distress ink to one side of a card rectangle.
I had intended this background to be much paler, but somehow I'd mixed up the lids on my distress inks (salty ocean and tumbled glass).
I didn't want to waste the darker background (I am from Yorkshire!) so I just went with it :-)
I took another rectangle piece, die-cut the circle on the edge, and attached it over my inked piece with foam tape for some added depth.
Then I added my scalloped edge, the embossed sentiment and my Yeti and trees, finishing with a few scattered sequins.

Challenge



Supplies.
My Favorite Things - Beast Friends, Stitched Rectangle Scalloped Fram
Copics. Distress ink - Salty Ocean.  Spellbinders Circle Die.
White Embossing Powder.   Sequins.




5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Not sure I am, but your Christmas card stash should be just about Yeti, Caroline! This one is lovely, and fun!
=]

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Super duper cute! Love this fab CAS design and that fun Yeti. Too cute!! Love the aperture design too. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Jill said...

Oh my word this is off-the-scale cute! Love it. Thanks so much for playing along with Seven Hills Crafts this month. Jillx

Jenni's Jems said...

Too cute for words and being a canny Scot I agree waste not want not !:) x

Anni said...

Such a cute card! I love this yeti stamp and you put it to good use!
Thanks so much for playing along with us Seven Hills Crafts!
Anni